Thursday, November 11, 2010

Did you hear the news????

Of course you did! But if you didn't....

We're PREGNANT!!!!

Let me back up, cause I want to make sure I get all of this story right. Because it is definitely a story for the books. So here goes....

Monday Night/Tuesday AM I woke up with a horrid stomach virus. OMG it was terrible. I was calling my friend Ralph, and I think he was having a party. So needless to say, I called and said "I will be coming up there today but not to work, to get some meds!"

So I arrived to the clinic at I guess around 7:20 AM and was rushed upstairs to Lab to do a Urine Pregnancy Test (UPT). Start with the basics huh?!?

I did the test, came back downstairs and was brought back to see our nurse practitioner, Cathy David. (shout out David!) She came in, checked me out, etc. Left and came back in and said ok well your UPT is negative. Insert devastation here. Mainly because I was already a day late and I just knew I was.... but sadly no. So I am like ok, just fix me. So a shot of Phenergran later and a trip back to lab to test for H. Pylori, etc. I was headed home to SLEEP. (I was hoping to anyways.)

But, I am getting ahead of myself. While in the lab for the second time, the lab supervisor ran around the corner and said "wait! wait! we need more labs for her!"...mass confusion set in, I was NOT in the mood to be stuck for the 3rd time that day but was like, ok whatever. Didn't even ask what the test was. Figured it was some random thing.

About an hour or so after I got home, I had FINALLY gotten comfortable in bed and had dozzed off. And my cell rang, it was the clinic. I rolled over, collected my thoughts, made sure I wasn't slurring my words, and said "hello.".... I was greeted on the other line by Ms. Kathy Kilgore, Cathy David's nurse. Don't get those 2 confused, there might be a test later. HA! She said that she needed me to come back up there because they had results for me. Of course, I know that most of the blood work I did took a few days to get results, so I was like "what?" and she insisted I come back up there and because I had a phenergran shot, it was imperative Keith drive me. Ummm...Ok...on my way....

We arrived back to the clinic, and I began to think I should have just worked today because I have clearly been up here more than I have been at home. So I get there and Ms. Kathy comes to get me. She puts me in a room and says we will be right back. Ok whatever. So Cathy David walks in, and starts to explain....

The UPT test came back negative, but then they looked at it again and it said positive. But it was after 3 minutes, therefore making the positive result still invalid. So I had them run an HCG lab on you. And.... Renee'.....(wait for it, wait for it)....your pregnant.... I can't tell you what was said after that because I was pretty much a blubbering mess of tears, queasiness (remember, stomach virus?), and squeals.

So basically, in the time she said "its negative" to the time I got to lab, they had realized it was positive and had called down to report it to Cathy.

So, I found out I am expecting my first child through....LAB ERROR! I always thought it would be in my own bathroom, with a little stick, with Keith and Sophie...but so much for the best laid plans right....

So that is our story. Stomach virus. Lab error. CELEBRATION!

We are due July 17th, according to my calculations, but won't see our OB until December (must be 8 weeks.)

Please pray for the health of our sweet baby! (who is the size of a poppyseed today...by the way...)

"I have prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him"
1 Samuel 1:27



1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Renee!! SOOOO exciting!! I'll be praying for y'all!!

    ReplyDelete