Thursday, March 24, 2011

Prego Mego- 23 weeks

Here we are, again a few days late, at 23 weeks! Next week I will turn 24 years old...and I will be 24 weeks pregnant...I think that is so cool. Emilee and I have made some pretty big strides this week. She is definitely making her presence known lately!

23 Week Highlights

Weight Gain/Loss: I weighed this morning at have gained a total of 3 pounds...after losing nearly 30...But 1 of those 3 pounds comes and goes...so it depends on the day!

Gender: It's a girl! Emilee Sullivan

Size: This week, Emilee is the size of a.... Papaya! Again! Apparently this is the size we are going to stay at for a few weeks according to thebump.com.


Symptoms: This has been the biggest change for me this week.. Emilee is growing like a little weed and she is showing me how much by stretching me out! We have definitely been dealing with some growing pains. Last night (Wednesday) was the first night that I was completely totally unable to get comfortable due to the growing pains. Finally Daddy propped some pillows up ALL around me and I was able to get some rest. I find myself laughing soooo much throughout the day because depending on Miss Priss's mood, I can look sooooo pregnant and then look soooo not pregnant. When she wants to be known, she comes to the front and sticks it all out, but when I am stressed or anxious or if she is just being alittle trickster she will hide over by my hips and my belly that was there 5 seconds ago is GONE. I find my patients looking at me soo funny sometimes cause they are like...well I THOUGHT you were pregnant but your belly just disappeared! It's our act! HA!

The only other symptom to talk about is HEARTBURN! I swear I am growing a "Cousin It." Thankfully Tums relieves most of this so its not a big deal. Just want to stand up alot!

Maternity Clothes: If you see the above about Emilee's disappearing belly act you will understand that sometimes I clearly need the prego clothes, sometimes I don't!

Miss: Nothing.

Movement: She moves alot more lately. Not while I am at work...me walking keeps her snoozing most of the day but at night she gets busy! Still won't let Daddy feel her yet but I think that is Emilee being alittle trickster!

Sleep: I sleep great, a few potty breaks...not every night, some nights.

And this weeks update from thebump.com:
"Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!"

I can't believe that I only have 4 more weeks in the second trimester! Could this be going ANY faster?!?! I am so in love with my little girl and she isn't even here yet. I just know that she will be sooo special and bring so much joy. I can't wait to tell her ALL about her namesake and how much he meant to mommy and how special she is that she gets to be named after him. And how daddy goes to the stores with me and I end up having to drag him out before he spends our life savings. So many things I can't wait to show her, teach her but most of all... I just want to hold her!

As always, see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment