Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HALF WAY THERE!!!!!- 20 weeks

Wow, 20 weeks pregnant. Half way through, in roughly 20 weeks I will be holding my little GIRL in my arms. My sweet little Emilee. My precious little baby. I am sooo enjoying my pregnancy that I have mixed emotions, I feel like it is flying by, but at the same time I am glad it is because I can't wait to have her HERE! BTW, I have been taking weekly belly shot pictures, when I remember, but I always keep forgetting to post them. Bad mom award!

20 Weeks

Weight Gain/Loss: Gained like a pound,  but it seems to go and come.

Gender: It's a GIRL! Emilee Sullivan

Size: This week, Emilee is the size cantaloupe! Picture from thebump.com


Symptoms: Heartburn alittle more frequently. Most notably this week it feels like Em is hanging out wayyyyy low.... Which kinda concerned me because I was having some back aches and some cramping...but a quick call to the doc and I was reassured that everything is A-OK, just my body doing natural pregnancy things!

Maternity Clothes: Have them, don't really wear them. Although I can honestly say, Keith and I went to a baseball game Tuesday night and Emilee, who usually hangs on my HIPS or on my back bone, decided to move her little self to the front of my belly for the first time and wow did my belly finally look pregnant! I could barely zip my jeans and my shirt was alittle snug in the mid area! It felt so good for her to be OFF my hips but felt even better to actually look pregnant! Plus I can feel her alot better when she moves when she is out front instead of the "hip zone."

Miss: What is there to miss?!?!?!!

Movement: Everynow and then. Not alot, but sometimes. Which is still completely normal for this stage in the pregnancy.

And finally the weekly update from thebump.com:
"Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch."





As I mentioned, Tuesday night Keith and I (and EM!) went to the LSU vs. SELU baseball game. It was my first visit to the new Alex Box Stadium and it definitely won't be my last! Emilee and I enjoyed an array of food: chicken tenders, fries, corn dog, drink, etc. (no this wasn't all for me! Keith and I shared!)....if only I could have gotten them dang Cracker Jacks! We enjoyed the game and the Tigers pulled out a victory. Most thankful for the elevators at the new stadium because those stairs were killer but the sweet men let me ride them up and down as many times as I needed! It was so great to be at the ballgame. Emilee's cousin and namesake, Emile, was a great baseball player and had a love for the game like no other. I watched him play TONS of games from little league to high school. I hope to share his love for baseball with Emilee. Maybe she will play softball? Or maybe not. Maybe she will just love the game and the atmosphere like I enjoy. I played alittle softball (slow pitch...I was the pitcher!) when I was younger but never anything else. But I love to watch the game. It's an American Tradition. I sat in the stadium last night just taking in all the things baseball has to offer and knew that Emile was with me and I know he is watching over my Em.

Anyway, this week we also have our montly OB appt and an ULTRASOUND. Which would make on average a ultrasound every 2 weeks thanks to Autumn at First Glimpse who has been kind enough to give us a "glimpse" of Emilee so often! This ultrasound of course will be for the doctor so alittle more in depth!

See ya next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment