Friday, September 4, 2009

Beach- Day 1

AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! My week long vacation got 10 times better today as I awoke to the sound of the ocean and seagulls. It was fabulous. Here is a run down of today's events and some pictures! I am gonna try to upload a pic from my blackberry of the man in the speedo...I WISH I had my camera but had left it upstairs after lunch.

We got down to the beach at about 10:30 and met Mr. Gorgeous (AKA, Brendan the beach attendant)...he hooked us up with chairs for the stay and kept mom and I comfortable all day by adjusting our umbrella, etc.


Hi!



Keith headed for the ocean and I opened Twilight to read it for the millionth time. Next thing I know, Keith was the life of the ocean party and had tons of people surrounding him in the water. How does he do that!?! He met people from TN, AL, LA, and MS.

Later, I decided I would join in on the fun, and got out in the water. Little did I know that hurricane waves were going to come! I almost drowned, broke my sunglasses and almost lost my hat. Needless to say, that ended my ocean activities.

There was alittle ocean pool in front of our chairs from an early morning shower. So I played with Jenna, a little girl, and 3 other little boys that I never caught their names but we had tons of fun chasing sea gulls, drinking the water, and eating sand. I cant wait to continue that tomorrow.


View from our 12th floor balcony


Keith


Lounging.

After a long day at the beach, we came in and got primped (Mom and I actually threw a breaker from running hairdryers, straighteners, and curling irons at the same time...good thing I married an electrician) and went to eat at The Hangout, a new place in Gulf Shores. We had the best fried pickles ever! And the food was pretty good too. There was actually a band playing there from LA. So the Auburn, Alabama, and LSU rivalry was in full force. There was also a bachelorette party of girls from Meridan, MS., and I couldn't leave without partying with them for alittle while! We enjoyed dancing, singing, drinking, and eating there!


Ready to eat!


Fancy


This band was from New Iberia...They gave the Bama fans hell!


Shots with the Bride to Be!


These girls were from Meridan. We had alot of fun doing shots with them!


Keith and the Bride

That about wraps it up for Day 1. Mom and I are sending Keith on a big Deep Sea Fishing trip tomorrow morning so I need to get him packed up and ready to go to that! Maybe we will dine on some fresh fish straight from the Gulf tomorrow night.

Until then,



UPDATE: I just realized none of my pictures uploaded to my post...I am not sure what happened but I am gonna go back and add them again hopefully tomorrow AM...must sleep now...



No comments:

Post a Comment