Sunday, December 12, 2010

Prego Mego- Week 9/OB appt

 Today I am 9 weeks pregnant with Baby Sullivan! And we also had our first OB appt.

Pregnancy Highlights: Week 9

How Far: 9 Weeks

Size: Baby Sullivan is the size of an Green Olive!
(picture below taken from thebump.com)
Weight Gain/Loss: I have LOST almost 10 pounds since finding out I was pregnant on November 9. But total to date: 7.5 pounds lost.

Maternity Clothes: None

Sleep: Sleeping good, but if by chance Keith wakes me up when he gets in bed at night I am WIDE awake for at LEAST an hour or so.

Miss: Not much at all. Just enjoying everything.

Feelings: Excitement. Our first OB appt was this week (more on that later), and I was soo glad to finally go to the doctor.

Symptoms: Nausea when hungry, Headaches occasionally, Sore Breasts.

Craving: Starbucks...which is very weird cause I am not a HUGE Starbucks fan. I can't even remember the last time I had Starbucks... But I want it now!

And finally this week according to thebump.com:
"Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like...well...a baby!"


The picture above was taken in the exam room of our FIRST OB APPT! I tried for 10 minutes to rotate it properly and it never would. I am not sure what I did wrong.

Our first appt went really well. It was alot of questions, 8 TUBES of blood drawn, an exam, a snooping husband (what does this do?), and a nervous new mommy. But all in all it went really well! MeMe joined us for our first appointment and sat in the waiting room proudly as NEW MEME TO BE! Keith and I enjoyed having her there with us.

Where I work, our OB/GYN is composed of Doctors and Midwives. A requirment for new OB patients (me), is to see a Midwife first. Mainly because the first appointment is usually the longest and they want you to be able to spend all the time you need with someone. So you see a midwife. I admit, I was NOT happy when I found this out. A midwife? How medieval times is that!?! But I saw Amy Linn, and my feelings changed. She was great. Attentive, helpful, knowledgable. Keith and I both got great vibes from her and really liked her alot. Which is important, cause this is my baby and I want to deal with someone I like. I will see my doctor, Dr. Huynh, a few times, but unless there is a problem there is no reason to not see the midwife. And if I have vaginal delivery, Amy will most likely deliver instead of a doctor. Interesting, huh?

We get to have our first Ultrasound done on December 20 and I can hardly wait. In case your wondering.... 8 days from now. We will finally get to see our little "green olive" ha! After our appt, we went to have some yummy food at Jason's Deli.



No comments:

Post a Comment