Friday, August 7, 2009

Kelly's Korner (Show Us Your Life)

Today is reception day!!!! I am super excited again to be sharing memories of my big day. Oh, and Keith's! Ha! Makes me think of when I was planning it I always referred to it as MY wedding, not OUR wedding...poor guy! I am so lucky for him to have put up with the "chiefs", myself, my sister, and everyone else who went to planning OUR wedding!! hehe

Let's get started!

This first thing I wanted to mention, that I realized I should have done last week was talk about my arbor. As I was looking through a bridal magazine one day I found this picture of a lakeside wedding that I fell in love with. More importantly, there was this arbor in the picture. I had to have an arbor. It was decided. But I couldn't just have any arbor, I wanted MY arbor. So my mom, bless her soul, found someone to custom make me an arbor!!! He designed with alittle help from me and my mom. We told him what we were envisioning and he took it over from there and it turned out perfect! Everyone gave so many compliments on it. It has been used in 2 other weddings. One for my best friend Chelsie, and the other for a friend of ours. I have now retired it from the wedding circuit if you will and it now sits at my mom's and one day will grace our backyard when we move into a house. I can't wait. It is something truly special to me that I will tell our kids about it one day. So here it is.



Introducing the new....Mr. and Mrs. Keith Daniel Sullivan.....!!!!!!!!



Our first dance. Ms. Stephanie sang George Strait Cross my Heart.





Father/Daughter Dance. Tim McGraw's..My Little Girl



Here are some pics of other's dancing!!! We had a live band so we were rocking the house!



Isn't this the funniest!!!???!!!



During the reception, the band got the groomsmen, and later myself and my girls up to do alittle song and dance! The guys definitely outshined the girls! Here are some pictures of it!





Cake cutting and speeches. Seth's went alittle something like this "I hope the kids are as pretty as Renee', and I hope the honeymoon is as rocking as they sat it is!" Gotta love Seth!



Yes, I did....And it was hilarious!



Lucky catchers!



One of the things I did with my cake was a cake pull. 6 trinkets were placed in the cake during baking and each bridesmaid pulled one out. There were trinkets of next to be married, blessed with children, etc. I can't remember what everyone got but it was alot of fun.



Everyone eating.



Wayne plotting our demise as we get ready to exit! He filled cups up with the birdseed. I was literally getting birdside out of my hair for WEEKS!





See what I mean? We were SHOWERED! And Daniel, a groomsmen poured a whole cup of seed down the front of my dress! Of course, I had one of those sticky gel bras on, and needless to say, it had to get thrown away!

Thats it for the reception!!!! I can't wait to see yours! I am enjoying Kelly's blog hop so much! Can't wait to see what else she has in store!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the groomsmen were the life of the party. The tinket idea is new to me but sounds like fun.
    Great photos ~ looks like everyone had a terrific time dancing, eating and enjoying the event.
    Your cake was gorgeous and so were the decorations.

    ReplyDelete