Monday, August 24, 2009

They've got the fever people!

Ok, I admit it. Only to you bloggers...some serious baby fever is going on around the Sullivan house!!!

My Space Or Yours?.net

I saw the above graphic while surfing earlier and couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's so something I would think about.

Let's talk this out. I work on the OB floor of my clinic. I see pregnant people all day long. I cry with them, laugh with them, and usually I am one of the first people to know the baby's gender before the family does! (Only because when they come out, I ask as they are calling to tell everyone!) So I get to experience all the joys, its like having a huge family. I also experience the sadness...with joy there comes sadness...and thats never fun. I cry with them, and give them big hugs before they get on the elevator.

Secondly, there are currently 8, count them, 8 prego ladies here at my office. I am surrounded! You can't help but want a baby when all you hear about is baby stuff!

Third, my wonderful husband told me the other night that he wanted a baby! I was like WTH IDTS! (which in my world means what the hell, I don't think so!)I talked him out of it the best I could, but he seems to have it in his mind. Let's face, I got alot to do before having a baby. I just started back to school!!!!

I did let him venture down the baby aisle in Wal-Mart last night in hopes that his fever would break, unfortunately it fueled it. I think I may need to borrow the newborn baby my friend Yolanda just had and keep it a few nights!

The worst thing about all of this, is you have so many people who tell you "you don't need to have a baby." Or my favorite "You can't have a baby right now." Umm...excuse me, Yes I can and if I want to I will! Yes, I am young, but I want to be a young mom, yes Keith and I aren't the richest people in the world, but I know people who make it on alot less. Yes, we have things to do, but why not share our experiences with our kids? I have been to a small number of states and have not seen many of the beautiful wonders and creations God has provided to us, but my husband has. His family loaded up the kids and showed them these things. Having a kid shouldn't hinder your experiences, it should make them better! So that's where I stand on it. Besides, in the long run, God is not gonna let you create that perfect child until he thinks your ready for that perfect child. Everything happens for a reason!

None the less, the fever is in the Sullivan house!

Pray for us!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment