Friday, July 3, 2009

4th of July Eve

Hello Dahlin! Coming to you live from Baton Rouge! If you are new to reading this blog, welcome!! Glad you are here!

Today was a great day. Keith and I are NEVER off on the same day and for once, we were! YAY for the holiday falling on a Saturday right? So, we slept in. I mean slept in til like 11. It was fabulous. We got up and had some lunch. Raisin Cane's. A Louisiana favorite. After eating, we were getting ready to go to the pool when we decided it was just too hot to be outside for extended periods of time, so we decided to do some retail therapy instead. The mall was PACKED, and the sales were in full swing. We got bathing suits, shoes (I have a shoe addiction, if you know of any 12 step programs, please send them my way....My name is Renee' and I am a shoe addict.), and some new bath stuff from Lush. If you haven't experienced Lush products, then you don't know what your missing out on. Find you a Lush store and give in to the wonderful products. I am currently smelling like "Sexy Peel" bath wash. It is great. So anyways, after a day of shopping we came home loaded down with bags. We then went to the pool, where a whole different story took place.

I don't have time, energy, or enough blog space to get into everything that went down at the pool. As always, there was alcohol as far as you could see, everyone was enjoying our "hot tub" which is what we are calling it since the water is so hot its not even really refreshing to swim and the complex managers were grilling for all the residents. After a lengthy discussion on breast implants, politics, beer, and the warmth of the water, a discovery was made. There was an alligator on the property! ONLY in south Louisiana can you see, catch, and maintain an alligator literally out of your backyard. We do think that he unfortunately was alittle injured because he sure was easy to handle! And that's how "Artie" that alligator came to be. I do believe as I type this that poor Artie's life has now ended because the men here just seem to think they can't live without fresh alligator meat. Anyways, see pictures of Artie here. He was the coolest thing to hang out with us for that short time. We swear he was even smiling at us. Maybe because he wanted to eat us or that the pool was so refreshing to him?



Now, we are back home. A trip to Cold Stone for Friday Delight later. I am in my pj's putting up my new clothes, hiding them from my sister who steals them all. Hope everyone has a great 4th. I know we will. Love love!



My sweet husband. MUAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment