Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop- Recipe or Favorite Dish

Today, I am participating in McLinky's weekly blog hop. This is my first time, so I hope I did it right! If you are reading this from McLinky, I want to say Thank YOU for stopping by! Please leave me a comment with your blog link so I can follow you and maybe we can become blog friends!

Roll Ups-

You will need:
Here in the South, my husband hunts alot so we use deer backstrap, but you can also use just a regular roast.
Marinade of your choice (we use Italian and worcestershire)
Onions
Bell Peppers
Philly Cream Cheese
Bacon
Tony's (seasoning)
Bamboo Ka Bob sticks

What to do:

The night before, cut your meat into small sections, as thick as you would like (we make ours thin) and put in your marinade in the fridge over night to really soften your meat and let it absorb the juice.

After marinating, compile your ingredients and get ready to craft!
My husband and I do this together, its great quality time and its one thing we can work on together and not kill each other!

Cut up your onions and bell peppers into small pieces. Keep in mind you will be putting these in the sections of meat, so don't make them too thick.
Next, take a piece of onion and bell pepper and put them together using a dab of cream cheese. The cream cheese will hold these together in the meat.

Place the onion, bell pepper roll in the middle of a piece of meat.

Holding the sides of the meat together, wrap the roll up in bacon. We generally cut the pack of bacon in half to produce more servings of roll ups. Plus, I am not a HUGE fan of bacon so less is more to me.

Stick the roll up through the middle using a ka bob stick. We usually will fit up to 5 roll ups on a stick.

Sprinkle Tony's on top of the roll ups to give it that extra kick.

Throw these on your grill over medium flame and let them cook! We like our meat to be more on the medium side so ours don't take long to cook. Remember, the longer you leave them on the grill the crispier the bacon and meat will get. So its all about personal preference here. Just make sure it gets cooked! I don't want any of my blog friends getting sick!!! :)

I make a potato and a veggie to go with them. Its really your choice! They are super delicious and even better the next day!

ENJOY!

P.S. I have to give a shout out to my wonderful dad for showing and letting me help him make these roll ups when I was younger. It was something that he and I did together and I enjoyed each moment of it. I passed on the recipe to my husband and now he and I make them. If not for my dad though, I would never eat one of my FAV dishes! So thanks dad, I love you. Maybe we can make some roll ups soon.



MckLinky Blog Hop


Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment