Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dr. Glover

Today is a very sad day for me. I will travel to McComb and say goodbye to one of the doctors I used to work for when we lived there. Dr. Glover was soooo much like a father to me. He helped me through some of the toughest times in my life. Times when no one else would understand, when no one else cared, when everyone else was going through the same thing, but yet I was taking it differently. He was there. He performed surgery on Keith and did a fabulous job. He even looked at a few moles on me, gave me a script a week before my wedding so I wouldn't break out with the horrible "infection" my so called friend had came down with. He is my Dr. Glover. He is an Ole Miss fan so the team rivalary was always at its best with us. We had a few bets everyone now and then, and lets just say I won them. He now wears an LSU scrub hat as part of that punishment. I have laughed, cried, and looked up to Dr. Glover for along time. I am glad he is moving on to explore other opportunities. After all that is the same thing I did. But it will be weird to not think of him sitting in his chair, feet propped up on his desk, tennis game on ESPN, and the sound of his snores coming from his office. I can't wait to see everyone again I used to work for. It will be a great day. I am even getting to have lunch with a great friend of mine Chelsie. I can't wait to buy her a drink as she just turned 21!!!

So, please pray for Dr. Glover and his family as they make this move. Pray that it is what is best for them and that they will settle down and be comfortable!

I can't wait to see those guys! I love all my doctors so much!

Here is a pic of Dr. Glover I took right before I left. He was always pulling the craziest things out of his closet of fun as I called it. This was a wig he found in there! I laughed all afternoon as he walked around the clinic in it.




And here is the result of the lost bet!






No comments:

Post a Comment