Sunday, July 26, 2009

My 2 favorite men

I am laughing to myself as I originally was going to do alittle "ranting" in this blog. But after typing it, and reading it, I felt alittle better so I deleted it. After all, some very wise people once told me you can't preach to the people who don't care what you're preaching about. So in an effort to save alittle face, and keep the harmony. You get this. I make no promises though.

This weekend was a really good one! Friday night, Keith told me we were going out to dinner and that I needed to dress fancy. So, I did and we ended up at the Melting Pot, where he had made us reservations for dinner. I love that place, and it certainly didn't disappoint! The fondue was great, the atmosphere romantic, and my husband went above and beyond to spoil me that night. Ladies, that's the man I married! One that will still give you butterflies even after marriage and years of dating.

Saturday morning, Keith unfortunately had to go into work for a few hours, but that
was ok. Soph and I slept in. Big time. When he got hime, we loaded up and took of to New Roads to stay the night with my mom. We decided that we just couldn't allow her to cook for us, so we took her out to dinner. At one of my favorite Mexican places, Que Pasa. It was great. We invited Elizabeth, and she brought Zach and Luke of course. So it was so nice to see them too. Just don't get to see them as much as I would like. But as usual, Luke came back across the river with us to spend the night. That night, we went boat riding, did alittle fishing, and played with Uncle Kenny and Aunt Lou, before retiring to bed. Luke cuddled up with MeMe, and Keith and I sharing a full size bed...war would definitely ensue...

At Que Pasa
2 of a kind.... Zach and Uncle Keith
Sunset on the Mississippi River...so pretty...

This morning, Luke was in our bedroom bright and early, explaining to Keith and I that "the sun was out" and it was time to go bass fishing. I said no til after breakfast and that is when Keith and Luke took off to the kitchen to start cooking. The next thing I know, Luke is going "Nannie, what kind of eggs do you want?"...I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful blue eyes staring at me. I grabbed him and loved and kissed all over him! Breakfast was fabulous by the way! :) The boys took off and left the hens at the house and went and did alittle fishing while mom and I visited. It wasn't long before they were back, Luke had lost his sunglasses in False River and had to have a new pair. So I got dressed and off we went to Wal-Mart. A pair of sunglasses, a new bathing suit, and some candy later we emerged ready to take on the day. Luke of course did some tubing. Then Uncle Keith, and then Uncle Kenny, and then Uncle Kenny and his dog Lady! We had a blast on the water. No fish catch to report, but thats ok.


We had some visitors stop by...


Keith's hair reminded me of RPatz as Edward Cullen...hehe


Uncle Kenny tubing...He was a spider monley! I hope he doesn't regret that tomorrow morning.


Lady taking her turn!

After a delicious lunch of fried Amberjack fish, coleslaw, french fries, fried Okra (Luke's favorite) and ice cream and cake for dessert, it was back into the water for alittle bit more fun in the sun....Well....Until.....I will just stop there.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment