Saturday, June 6, 2009

Days go by...

I can feel em' flying, Like a hand out the window in the wind as the cars go by, It's all we've been given, So you better start livin' right now, As days go by..m

I love that lyric. Time sure does fly! I haven't posted since Thursday and I have a lot to cover so let's just get right to it!

You will notice on the right hand side of my blog there is a "Bucket List." This project was inspired by my friends down on the second floor, Denise and Ginger. Basically, you have 101 things you want to accomplish in either a) 1001 days, or b) sooner rather than later. I chose sooner rather than later, because I have been blessed to do so much in life at my age, but there is so much more I want to do and alot of it is traveling so it will definitely take longer than 1001 days. I encourage you all to think about what you would want to accomplish in 1001 days or even just before your time on earth is complete. I will blog about my progress with my list and even post pictures as I complete things. I am truly excited to start. Wish me luck!

Friday I had a class to attend called Give em' the Pickle, which to sum it up, it means that if you encounter someone and they ask for something so small such as a dollar or for an extra cup of ranch dressing (this happens to me all the time at resturants) that you should just do it and not give them grief about it. You should GIVE THEM THE PICKLE! Get it? It was a neat seminar. After that I took the rest of the day off. Sophie and I took a much needed nap on the couch. You can see her sleeping here...


She is so spoiled. I was also lucky enough to meet some of our newest neighbors. Twin brothers and their adorable Lab puppy Emma. I meant to take a picture of her, but I was having too much fun playing with her! She is a ball of sweetness.

Keith and I have been spending ALOT of time at the pool. We love spending the afternoons there just swimming, having a few drinks, mingling, and just relaxing. It is the perfect way to end the day. Here is a view of our fabulous pool.

You would think we were at a 5 star resort all the time! We also have been taking afternoon walks around the complex. There are lots of lakes, and pathways that go through all the complexes and its just a great way to exercise and meet new people. I like walking around to look at how people have decorated their patios...Because I must have the prettiest one or I will just die! I'm working on mine, and will post pictures upon its completion.

By the way, GEAUX TIGERS!! What a great comeback last night against Rice! Keith and I ate Walk Ons last night, which is across the street from Alex Box and the fans were there in hundreds to cheer on the Tigers! The food was great too!

Tonight we have our pool party. I can't wait. It should be great! Tomorrow is church, and then Monday starts another week. Like my opening, days go by, I can see them flying like a hand out the window in the wind as the cars go by.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment