Sunday, June 7, 2009

Luau, Baseball, and the Holy Trinity

You may be asking yourselves what these 3 things have to do with each other....I will tell you...EVERYTHING! These 3 words pretty much sum up our fabulous weekend here in beautiful Baton Rouge.
Saturday was a great day. I had to go "make" groceries at Wal-Mart which to me is always a pain, but I will say this. I have never before been to a WM where they have so many checkout lanes open! I for the first time in history of Wal-Marting did not have to wait in line! It was fantastic, so shout out to the WM on Siegan Lane! After the trip, I came home and welcomed some visitors...Luke and my mom! It was sooo much fun having my main man here! He played with Sophie, we went swimming and they even stayed for our luau. Yesterday afternoon the community manager Jennifer sponsored a luau for all the residents. We had catered food by a company here in Baton Rouge that provided us with fried fish, boiled shrimp, boudin balls, pulled pork sandwhiches, and chicken ka-bobs AND a strawberry and pina colada daquari machine AND 2 kegs of beer! At 6:30...one keg was floating and we had sucked the machines dry! Thankfully, Jennifer went over budget for us and got us some more beer. We were having a blast! Also, LSU was playing game 2 against Rice in the road to Omaha and they pulled it out and WON! What a way to celebrate! GEAUX TIGERS! I wish them good luck in the World Series and hope they bring the title home to BR!



These were given out at the party...Luke got 2..he was definitely the ladies man and sang Apple Bottom Jeans and cut a rug...AND flirted with all the girls..by the end of the day they were taking pictures of him and talking to him and everything! So funny!

This morning, Keith and I got up and went to church. We attended mass at St. Jude Catholic Church on Highland and I will tell you that if you have never been there, you should go. Father Allen and Deacon Chris were wonderful and the music is great. Keith and I definitely felt welcome as the newcomers and we will hopefully be joining the parish soon. Keith is also looking into joining the Catholic faith so please pray as he takes his classes and goes on this journey. I am so proud of him. He says he wants to be able to go to church one day with me and our kids and be able to participate in the services rather than just sit there. This warms my heart to no end. I love him so much and it makes me so happy to see him embracing our future just like I am. I want to share alittle bit about mass today. Today was the feast of the Holy Trinity and during Ft. Allen's homily, he discussed how we can never fully know everything about the Holy Trinity, that we as humans do not contain the mind set needed to fully understand. He did say however, that this abbreviation can give us some glimpse into what it is all about. MJCT. Mercy, Justice, Compassion, and Truth. That is what it's all about. He spoke on how even though what we are on the outside, such as the tragedy of flight 447, we don't know the stories of the people who lost their lives. D-Day was yesterday and as we know what the day means, and what was lost in this battle for our freedom, we don't know the stories of the 20 something year olds that gave their lives for it, they were brothers, sons, fathers, husbands and more and we don't know it all. We only get to catch a glimpse of their essence. This is what we get of the Trinity as well. Just a glimpse. Just an essence. I found that very powerful today as I listened to his homily. What glimpse am I giving people?
As I wrap things up for today, I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and I pray everyone has a wonderful week at work. I ask that you please pray for the families of flight 447 as they continue to recover more bodies from the sea, that they will hopefully find a sense of closure, and for the families who may never get to bury their loved ones body, that they are filled with a strength to get through this tough time. I can not imagine the devastation that must be filled in them right now. A disaster so absolute that we might not ever quite comprehend what happened in this tragedy.
Thanks for reading! Check back soon! Peace!

~Renee'~



No comments:

Post a Comment