Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hanging on til the weekend...

It is a overcast Thursday here in the city. As my title implies...we are just hanging on for the weekend. It has been a sluggishly long week! Yesterday, Hump Day, was a good day. I was able to leave work early which was fabulous and took a quick trip to the mall to do alittle shopping, and then went home and hit the pool. It was a great day for a swim! We really enjoyed being around the pool with everyone and hanging out. We then made our way back home and ate supper. I completely forgot to take a picture of our supper last night but let me tell you it was great! We had pot roast and veggies and a fresh pitcher of sweet tea. After watching some tv for a moment, Keith and I took advantage of the nice weather and took a walk around the complex. It was truly a great way to end the day.




Sophie is settling in quite nicely. She has taken over the house...she has 2 parents that spoil her to no end. Here is a picture to show just how spoiled she really can be. She is sleeping on the couch covered in a blanket taking alittle "cat" nap! Lets all say SPOILED! Sophie really is apart of our family. Many people pick on us for treating her like a human. My Uncle Kenny says..."Doo, she is a CAT!" I can't speak for Keith, but I can speak for myself when I say to me, Sophie is not just a cat. We got her last summer before my most extensive knee surgery. During the 2 weeks I was on bedrest, puking from the pain medicine, not sleeping, crying, screaming, having to have "babysitters" during the day to fix my lunch, help me to the bathroom, and more. (I will NEVER be able to thank Chelsie and Autumn enough for being there for me those weeks) and even more, having Keith help me wash my hair and bath me!!! I was going through a really down, tough, and difficult time in my life being helpless like that and Sophie never left my side. She sat with me the whole time. I think I may have even gotten alittle vomitus on her a couple of times. But she never wavered and she was there licking my fingers at night as I cried and would snuggle up on my neck to help my rest by purring gently and soothing me. I am crying now remembering this, but it is the truth. She was there for me, and now it's my turn to always be there for her. That's why I rush her to the vet for the littlest things, make sure she has fresh water, and try to give her the best. Because she is like my best friend and I love her. We should all be so lucky to have a pet like that that you can honestly say is there for you and helped you through a very tough time. So for all of you who think I am seriously off my rocker now after reading THAT, you still love me or you wouldn't bother reading my blog to begin with!



I just got a new book yesterday at the book store. It's called "Love the one your with." Now it's not a book on marriage or anything. Keith and I are great. We are so fabulous with each other its sickening. Honestly, I'm not really sure what it is about, it just called to me in a round about sort of way. I couldn't seem to get anywhere in the book store without seeing a random copy of it laying around and to me, that was a sign. So I bought it. The back says its about this girl that is married and happy, and then sees an old boyfriend and it stirs up her love for him and she kinda goes through this...did I make the right choice and what not. I will let you know how it goes.

One last thing before I wrap this up. I want you to think about this today. I had a patient a moment ago ask me if I was standing in heaven before God right now and he asked why I thought I should be allowed into heaven, what would I say. Interesting thought for the day... I will leave it at that...

Have a great Thursday and until next time...Peace in the East!

-Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment