Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my Dad!

Father's Poem

When I scratched my knee,
Or if I bumped my head,.
When I was afraid of the dark,
Or that thing under my bed,
When I cried in the night,
Or even in the day,.
You were there for me,
To make it all okay.
You tickled my feet,
And laughed at all my jokes.
You taught me to believe,
In having high hopes.
You are my father
You did what you had to do.
But more than a father
You are my friend too.
You made everything good,
That was once bad.
I just want you to know
I love you Dad.

This is my dad. Charles Sansing....affectionately known as Chuck but to me it's just "daddy..." I could spend all day posting pictures of all the things we have done together, but I dont have all day! My dad and I did make the front page of the People section of The Advocate this morning with "Dadism's" It was a total surprise to him and he loved it. We also had a pool party today at our house. I would have taken pictures but I don't think I was ever out of the water for any longer than a minute! Liz has some though, so I will steal them later. We grilled burgers, muched on boiled shrimp, grilled shrimp, corn dip, and had plenty of drinks! It was a great time. Dad and I were lounging in the water chairs and discussing just how great life is to have family around you. It truly was a great day. I was glad we were all able to come together to celebrate our wonderful dad. Thankfully, there were no holes knocked the walls, and no windows busted out of the whole house!!!! Ha

This is Dad and I at a recent LSU game. I think it was the State game. We also discussed today the big tailgate parties we are going to throw this year and we had some pretty good ideas so we are for sure looking forward to football season and we haven't even finished with baseball!!! On a side note, BE SURE TO WATCH THE TIGERS PLAY FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

I love this picture of my dad looking like he belongs in the mafia. This was in NYC my senior year. It was alittle birthday, senior, all together trip that we took. New York truly is my favorite place and I hope we get to go back one day! This of course, was on the ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty.
And this is daddy and his girls. People say that I am the spitting image of my dad and I have to say that in this picture. I will agree. We do look alot alike!!!!
Needless to say, my dad has always been there for me. Sure we have had our ups and down and sideways, frontwards, backwards, or whatever. But he is my daddy....and will always be MY daddy...I am very protective of him and I will tell anyone who ask.
To sum it up....... "I'm the damn pater familias!!!!" <-- that is what dad always say to anyone who tries to tell him he is wrong! It is hilarious to hear him say it and I can hear it now as I type this! I love you dad!!!!!
-Tootie (Sweet baby loving beautiful heart)


Last night we also celebrated my grandparents 60th anniversary!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Paw Paw gave me a little glimpse on how to survive 60 years with Keith. Never go to bed angry, remember the vows you took, and remember he has a hard time dealing with you, just as you have a hard time dealing with him! He also told me that taking a frying pan to his head would straighten him right back up! The picture above is of the WHOLE family...minus Darby who had already left. We almost didn't fit in the frame and you can barely see everyone but there we are! It was a nice party and it was great to catch up with relatives I had not seen in some time.
I will post tomorrow on Luke spending the night Saturday night with us but until then I must go...Keith and I are having Papa John's for supper tonight then heading to catch The Proposal!!! I need to put alittle lotion on the sunburn that has taken residence on me as well!
Have a great Sunday night! And remember to hug your dads!!!

1 comment: