Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A everyday Betty Crocker!!!

Well...It is almost Wednesday!!! This week has been dragging! We had some showers pass through the area today which was great because we all know in South Louisiana how rare a good afternoon rain shower during June is! It cleared up by the afternoon and was pretty nice outside. Not too humid, not too hot. We had a visitor today, Uncle Kenny, who is the greatest uncle in the world! He also provides my car insurance and as of today, our new insurance on our new home! Big shout out to Uncle Kenny and BIG MOMMA!



Now on to more important things. I have been seriously trying to be a better wife, friend, and person in general. I have made some great new friends recently that I love and don't know what I would do without. Keith and I have found a church in Baton Rouge we are going to attend and grow in our marriage with God, and as far as being a better wife...well I am "trying" to cook! I am in no way as talented as my mom, my sister, and my dad at cooking. It's because I came from Lowe's and my family just adopted me...(kidding) but nonetheless the talent just escaped me. BUT that is not going to keep me from trying. Not only have I been cooking EVERY night but I have also been branching out from my normal chicken everything and trying new and exciting things to cook which pleases Keith to no end. He swears I'm one chicken tender away from sprouting feathers and clucking! Tonight I made a delicious meal. An old friend who recently passed away used to make this for me when I lived in my first apartment in McComb while in college. He also made me Hamburger helper but that is not to my point, other than that he was an excellent cook and I miss him very much. So what I now refer to as Josh's Chicken Poppyseed Casserole is what I made tonight. I also made "Mayo Beans" which is just Lima Beans that I cover in mayo because well thats what my dad does and I tend to act like him alot!!! LOVE YOU DAD! And of course, yeast rolls. We will be finishing off our meal tonight with some ColdStone. I like Cookie Doughn't you want some. Its great! Below are some before and after pictures of our meal.


Before going in oven...YUM YUM






Masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was sooo good too!!!


Of course, the night wouldn't be complete without having to call my mom and sister to ask what could and could not go in the dishwasher but that's just a small detour!

Thats all for now! Have a great Wednesday!

-Renee'

1 comment:

  1. http://www.ireport.com/ir-topic-stories.jspa?topicId=267002

    ReplyDelete