Monday, June 1, 2009

First weekend...

Good Morning everyone and Happy Monday! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I know I can safely say that I did! This weekend was our first weekend in our new home! It was a great move, very smooth and I can officially say everything is unpacked and put away safely! Keith and I are sure enjoying the city life so far. Sophie had a little tougher time adjusting to it, but by last night. She was definitely starting to warm up to her new home as well. Lets start this weekend wrap up!

Friday! First off, let me say GEAUX TIGERS as the baseball team advances on to the Super Regional Tourney! I was able to catch the game Friday afternoon and it sure was great to watch! Friday was a good day, work was good, beautiful weather, and moving to the city was well under way. All my before shots didn't come out to well as I was having to take them from my Blackberry because my Digital is on the fritz. Friday night I cooked Keith and I dinner ONLY using the microwave...our pots, pans, dishes, etc. were not unpacked yet so I had to improvise to the best of my abilities BUT I was able to get a rotisserie chicken that was ready to go, a bag of microsteamable veggies, and some mashed potatos, and we were good to go! It was very good and clean up was a breeze!

Saturday morning, Keith got up for work and I was up as well! For those of you that know me well, I am sooo not a morning person but at 4 AM Saturday morning I was running circles around our apartment. The energy was just bursting...I guess it was the excitement of getting everything done. I met my dad, Burger, and Quiet in New Roads at about 7:45 and we went to the storage building...they were able to get all of the stuff in the storage building out in 1 load! After a quick trip to mom's to pick up a little load, I was off to wait for the cable guy to come hook us up! By noon, the cable guy was working, dad and the boys had came, unloaded, and were long gone, and mom and I were busy unpacking and of course relaxing on the fabulous new furniture! Keith was off at noon and came on home to help....he had no other choice! My interior decor team ( Mom and Liz) were there ready to put him to work! Let me say, they made it beautiful!!!! Luke and Zach came to visit too and Keith took Luke to the pool. When they got back, Keith was exceptionally excited and informed me that "the apartment people bought KEGS for everyone today and they are out by the pool!" It's official, we live in a community of young adults who love to party, but more on that later! After a loooonnnggg day Saturday, I cooked enchilades for Keith and I, and we watched some tv, I took a bubble bath in my huge new tub, and we called it a night.

Sunday, oh what a fun day! We were up pretty early, and treated ourselves to McDonalds pancakes! After that, it was back to work to get things ready for our company Sunday night for everyone to see our new home and just hang out. It was a great night and we hope to have many more nights like this. We had grilled hamburgers, pork loin, corn, potatoes, dips, chips, and more! The grilling took place at the pool, where Keith is now known as the "grill master." He loves that I assure you! We also got to meet some of the people who live there. We are really going to enjoy living here...the grill was going, there was enough liquor to sanitize a gym building, the water was cool and the grill master was showing everyone how it was done. After a good meal, Ginger and I watched The Hills season finale and then tuned in to the MTV awards to catch a sneak peak at the New Moon movie that is coming out in November. It is apart of the Twilight saga which we both love to read! Needless to say, it's gonna be a great movie, and Twilight swept the movie awards winning EVERYTHING! It was a great night! I was sorry that Monday rolled back around but we are looking forward to another great weekend already!

I know I haven't mentioned Sophie and her uncomfortableness with the new place. She hid under the bed most of the weekend refusing to come out. Alot of commotion scares her. Sunday afternoon though she started coming around and even started getting her toys out of her box and scattering them all around. She even really took to Ginger and played with everyone all night long. She definitely made herself feel right at home on the new furniture. You can check out a picture of that below.

On to the pictures!

Dining area....the new hightop table is so nice and the smaller table was handmade by Keith. Its beautiful!




Shot to get a look at the dining area, kitchen, and some of the living room. Excuse the laundry baskets, I meant to move those!

And that's a wrap for today! Sophie says to come visit and play with her on the new furniture! Have a great week! Need to do some work now....maybe!

Peace, Love

Renee'


No comments:

Post a Comment