Monday, June 15, 2009

Renee's Weekend Wrap Up

Good Monday Morning everyone!
It has been a rough couple of days but Saturday morning, I felt much better. I guess it was just a bad bug or something I ate but boy was I sick! I feel much better though! I sure am glad I did start feeling better because Keith and I had a great weekend! Congrats to the Tigers on their big win against UVA on Saturday! It was a great game! Let's see what I did this weekend...

Friday, I "made" groceries. Ugh...That is the worst part of being a "grown" up. Oh well, gotta eat. After we did that, Keith and I called it a night early since he had to be at work the next day.

Saturday morning, Soph and I slept til 12:30!!!! It was great. We stayed hidden under the covers of our cold house all snuggled up. She is the best snuggle bunny. She crawls up next to you and purrs and loves on you and it is just so comforting. We got up eventually! I ate a quick lunch and got to work cleaning up the house. See the picture below to see what Sophie did while I cleaned...Spoiled rotten baby! Thankfully we have been keeping the house really clean, so it was just a quick dusting, clean the tub, wash the sheets, and do a few loads of laundry and I called that job DONE! When Keith got home, we loaded Sophie up and took a family outing. We drove through LSU campus, which is soo different to look at when it isn't bustling with a million Tiger fans! They are doing alot of construction too and it is really going to make the campus pretty. We stopped and saw Mike the Tiger too! He is such a beautiful tiger and alot of fun to watch. Keith will tell you we had a little scare. I was standing next to the fence he was laying by and as I went to take a picture, he turned towards me and sneezed! I was covered in Mike the Tiger snot! It startled me and I jumped causing Mike to get startled so he growled alittle and needless to say, it was alittle much! It was fun though. Keith kept telling Sophie that Mike would eat her like a chicken wing in one bite! After we left the Tiger cage, we went and got some Cold Stone. Yes, it is my favorite.

Sunday, was church and another great Homily, which this Sunday was spoken by Father Chris. It was his last Sunday at St. Jude as he is going to St. Thomas Moore. Keith and I had some lunch after church and hit the pool! We didn't stay long because the Sunday nap started creeping up and I couldn't resist the urge to take it! After we got back up though, we hit the pool again. It is so nice to be able to come and go to the pool at our own will. It's like a permanent vacation! I do have one small thing to say about my sister's blog about church. God doesn't care what you wear to church, as long as you go! It reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Steel Magnolias, Truvy is picking up Anelle to go to church and she says that she can't go to Truvy's church because it's not hers...and Truvy says God doesn't care which church you go to as long as you show up! Some people may not have nice clothes to go to church in, but that shouldn't stop them from going. We certainly won't be wearing Gucci, Prada, and Louis in Heaven as we stand before God! And what makes me even more angry is that the priest most likely insulted and embarrassed not only my bro in law but other people who were maybe not dressed to impress and could have therefore turned them off to the going to church period! It seems to be alittle hypocritical to me to have a "man of God" put down on people he is supposed to be a spiritual leader to. The same thing goes with children, children are a miracle, and a gift from God. Let them be kids in church! They have plenty of time to be grown up when they ARE grown up! That's all I am going to say about this, since I realize this blog is becoming quite long, but I couldn't help but mention it. It will surely eat at me all week.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope everyone has a fabulous week as well! God bless! Oh, and remember this Sunday is Father's day so be sure to think of all the father's this week who are defending our country and can't be with their families. Pray that they know the love and support they do receive back home. So hug your dad and tell him you love him!


No comments:

Post a Comment